Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chocolate gone but not forgotten - Maple Buds

So in doing my research trying to find out how sizes of chocolate bars have changed over the years, I came across this gem. Maple Buds were the best chocolates ever and very Canadian!  They had an unique maple flavor.  Unlike normal rosettes, these chocolate goodies were soft and the taste was heavenly.  I do remember they were hard to find.  But every time I saw them I bought them.  I am not the only one who misses these gems.  There is a Facebook page praising the taste and lamenting the loss of this unique chocolate item.  To all chocolatiers, you have a market you have not conquered yet or explored.  Maple chocolate is to die for and maple buds could be best sellers.  I am confident of this.  Note the size of the content: 37 gm.  The bag was very small for someone who could not get enough of them.  If they can relaunch Mars in the U.S., then surely we can relaunch Maple Buds first in Canada and then the world!!!!!  Thanks to inthe80s.com for their post on these delicious treats.

1 comment:

  1. pourquoi avoir enlever ses chocolats du marché il était tres bon et il me manque.Refaite en avec leur petit sac brun je m'ennuie de ce chocolats

    ReplyDelete