Monday, March 29, 2010

Chocolate laced with memories

So this is my first blog of many.  I don't know why I didn't do this a lot sooner.  I am not a maker nor seller of chocolate, though I do make the best chocolate peanut butter balls in the world.  Those these Lindt Lindor Truffles Peanut Butter Chocolate, 60-Count Box are to die for.  I discovered them on my last trip home to Canada.  I should have bought more but I digress.

So I was pondering over chocolate and the power it has over my life.  I started to think of many memories that the thought of chocolate brings up.  I would like to share a few of those with you. I will go into more detail when my first podcast gets posted.  For now  here are a few tidbits.

I remember how when I was five I started sneaking chocolate when my parents would fall asleep.
I think back to the times when my mom would take us to the store after swimming class to get a Snickers bar. That taste was so satisfying. It was so full of chocolate and caramel and nuts.  And the slogan was snickers really satisfies.  I can testify that rang true with me.  

I have memories of the first trip that I can remember to the U.S. with my family.  I was in awe of the variety of chocolate and chocolate bars available in the U.S..  I felt so envious of the people that got to be a part of that every day.  While I am still envious of the chocolate in the U.S., there are some chocolate bars that even Americans don't get.  And in another blog I will dispute that the Canadian KitKat is far better than the worldwide and U.S. kitkats..

One blog I am looking forward to posting discusses how chocolate bars have changed in size and price over the years.
Tune in.
***** after posting this Dove Chocolate informed me they have new Dove Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter. My mouth is salivating already. IF any of you feel generous enough to send me some, I'd love you forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment